We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified person to assist to develop and run our wheelchair rugby league team.
The Wheelchair Rugby League Coordinator is responsible for team training, player performance & team culture and will need to be able to demonstrate leadership, experience and flexibility. We have been successful recently in securing funding to assist us to work with local schools to introduce them to the sport and this role will require the successful applicant to coordinate schools activity and to run the team.
If you consdider yourself suitably qualified then we would love to hear from you.
Your Typical Responsibilities would be:
- To be able to plan, prepare and be able take the lead in preparing for games and coaching sessions
- Work collaboratively with team managers, members of the team and club co-owners
- Adhere to RFL and Mancunians Codes of Conduct, Safeguarding & Health & Safety Policy.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development and be willing to attend training.
- Act in accordance with the club philosophy and act in an appropriate manner when representing the club or coaching on the clubs behalf.
- To deploy coaches into local schools to offer taster sessions and introduce the sport generally.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities.
- Emergency First Aid Holder (or be willing to attend training).
- Can show evidence of recent coaching.
- Mancunians Coaches should be able to; Motivate and lead performers, volunteers and club co-owners and be able to communicate effectively with them.
- Manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Give positive and constructive feedback to players.
- Plan structured sessions that promote development.
What we can offer:
- An induction into a dynamic, progressive sports club which is growing at a rapid pace
- Financial support towards your CPD costs
- Monthly expenses
- Free Gym Membership
- Free uniform and clothing
This is a voluntary role but we would be prepared to pay expenses to suitable candidate.
For further information, please contact Stefan Hopewell on 07977 48 62 36 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday December 22nd, 2017.