Mancunians are seeking to recruit four coach mentors to have input into the Active Mancunians programme which will launch in January 2017 and last for 12 months.
Mancunians is Manchester’s Dual Code Rugby club offering Rugby League in the summer months and Rugby Union in the winter. We work all over Manchester providing after school clubs, teaching cover and assisting schools to run sports teams and running innovative projects such as walking football and walking netball for older people.
Mancunians’ vision is to have 1,000 participants by 2020 and to be a professional rugby club. We would be delighted if you would consider being part of our exciting journey.
Active Mancunians is an innovative project that will see people in Manchester become involved in the programme which will see people gaining experience in sports coaching, schools receiving assistance to start activity sessions for children aged 3-7 years old and healthy living sessions being run in the local community for people aged over 55.
Active Mancunians has three strands:
Children aged between 3 and 7 years old will take part in sessions to encourage them to become active, preventing obesity, developing social skills and physical literacy and compete in school sports festivals
- Older people aged 55+ will be offered healthy living sessions, which will feature a dietician and personal trainer and participants will be encouraged to set goals to reduce weight, improve levels of activity or improve other key health markers such as blood pressure or cholesterol levels.
- Manchester residents will be offered the opportunity to join the ‘Step On’ coaching programme which will see people being provided with coaching experience, qualifications
and mentoring throughout the programme providing the participants with employability and life skills.
We are looking to engage with four suitable professional to become coach mentors to the Active Mancunians programme. We have identified that the lack of suitably qualified and experienced rugby league and handball coaches in the City of Manchester and to alleviate this issue, we have secured funding to qualify and provide experience for up to 20 new coaches.
The cohort of coaches will be drawn from the local community and will be a mix of inexperienced and more mature coaches but who are new to rugby league and/ or Handball.
- Act as first point of contact for mentees within your group to solve any issues that they may have.
- To provide mentoring to identified coaches in groups, directly and at a distance via our online community.
- To encourage the mentee to develop goals and assist them to achieve their goals
- To contribute to development of a system to identify developing coaches and to provide support to them as necessary.
- To develop a culture of good quality technical coaching practice which mirrors the Mancunians coaching philosophy
- To communicate any issues with the Step On coordinator or your Mentor
This part of the project will last for 12 weeks and we anticipate that it will take up approximately 4 hours of your time per week.
- Free Mancunians branded clothing
- Free in house monthly CPD and networking sessions
- Free food and drink at the in house CPD and networking sessions
- Free Super League 2017 Grand Final Ticket
- Access to FREE Sale Sharks Season Ticket
- Access to industry leading professionals
- Job reference after 12 weeks
- Linked In reference and endorsements
We are recruiting mentors on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline for these roles. If you are interested please contact:
07977 486 236