Mancunians is Manchester’s Rugby League and Handball Club. We are looking for a Club Development Executive to help the club to achieve its goals. This is an opportunity to get involved with a fast-growing sports club that offers Handball, Rugby League and other sports to its members, schools and the local community. The role would suit somebody who would like to build a career in sports development.
The position will provide invaluable experience in the sector of sports development and the club will support the role-holders CPD requirements and will provide financial assistance to undertake suitable courses.
The role will be based at our office at Hough End, South Manchester and will take up 1-2 days of your time each week and you would be engaged on a self-employed basis for an initial period of three months with a one month probation.
- Project manage the primary age community programme in accordance with funding guidelines.
- Oversee Mancunians’ multi-sport secondary school satellite club programme.
- Administer and maintain records of membership in accordance with agreed membership principles.
- Assist in collecting payments from and payments to, key partners.
- Attend meetings internally and with the RFL, England Handball, Supporters Direct and other key partners as required.
- Research and support bids and applications for grant funding.
- Maintain, review and update the club’s development plan.
- Assist with the planning and supporting of club, community and fundraising events.
- Support and assist the club board members with their tasks.
- Keep up to date with and contribute to, the future strategic direction of the club.
- Communicate with stakeholders to promote the club and its aims.
- Act in accordance with the club’s core documents and policies with particular reference to the aims and objectives of the club, as detailed in the club’s governing document.
- Any other tasks requested by the club management.
Knowledge and experience:
- Some knowledge of Rugby League, Handball or community sports is desirable, but not essential.
- IT literate in WORD, EXCEL and OUTLOOK.
- Some administrative work experience is desirable.
Skills and behaviours:
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good time management and organisational skills
- An interest in sports development